Home > Request Records > Open Records Request

Open Records Request

Pleased be advised that with regard to Open Records Requests, except as otherwise provided by law, the Personnel Cabinet will comply with the provisions of 200 KAR 1:020, which governs access to public records. 

You may request a record by submitting the form approved by the Attorney General or otherwise submitting a written request. Please include your name, address, email, and daytime phone number with your request. If the records you are seeking are owned by another agency, submit your request directly to the specific agency, or we can notify you as to where to properly submit your request. Call 502.564.9819 for additional assistance. 

Requests for records maintained by the Kentucky Personnel Cabinet may be submitted to the Office of Legal Services, Custodian of Records via one of the methods listed below. 

          • Email: PERSOpenRecords@ky.gov 
          • Fax: 502.564.7603
          • Mail or hand-delivery:
                 Attn: Custodian of Records
                 Kentucky Personnel Cabinet
                 Office of Legal Services
                 501 High Street, 3rd Floor
                 Frankfort, KY 40601

Additional Resources 

Employment Verification 

Click here​ to learn more about requesting Employment Verification from the Personnel Cabinet, not obtainable through the Open Records Request process. ​